Posted Dec 29, 2019
How to Become a Soccer Referee
Registration is offered twice a year (Winter and Summer)
Candidate must be 13 years old as of registration date and have access to a computer or laptop to complete modules.
- Log on to Ctreferee.net and create a profile
- Pay by credit card for “Grassroots Training” and if 18 years or older, you must complete “Safesport” and background check.
- Register and complete the online training modules (which takes about 5 1/2 hours). You don’t need to complete all at once.
- Once complete, download the course completion certificate to your device and upload certificate to the Ctreferee.net website.
- Register to attend a class in person (approx. 2 hours) and an online Zoom training (approx 2 hours) and attend.
- Once the instructor posts the attendance from the class, you can continue with the Grassroots Training test.
- Receive 100% on test and you are ready to begin officiating.
- Contact referee coordinator Brian Reid at [email protected] when all requirements above have been met.
Depending on when you register during the year, you may have to re-certify in 1 year or 1 ½ years. For example, if you register over the Winter in 2022, you will need to re-certify and pay again at the end of 2022 to be certified for 2023. BUT If you register over the Summer of 2022, you will be registered to referee in the Fall of 2022, and all of 2023. You will need to pay at the end of 2023 to be certified for 2022. You get 1 ½ years for the price of 1 registration fee.